Web Developer - Immediate Opening!
We’re looking for enthusiastic subject-matter experts with a passion for helping people. Sound like you? Let’s talk…
Why people LOVE working here:
- We have a positive, success-minded culture and believe life and business should be ESP— Enjoyable, Simple & Prosperous.
- We have an exciting, vibrant, creative work environment.
- We do something with purpose and really help people grow and improve.
- Employee growth and fulfillment is a primary focus.
- We're ranked as one of Central Florida's Best Places To Work.
- We're one of America's Fastest Growing Companies according to Inc. Magazine (4 years in a row).
- We’ve been voted one of “Orlando’s Coolest Office Spaces.”
- The company was founded and is led by two UCF grads.
- Our leaders have been named two of Orlando's "40 Under 40” and named as some of Orlando’s “Most Influential Men.”
Our Mission (no platitudes here):
…is to inspire and encourage people and companies, through creativity, to think differently, to be better, to achieve more than they ever thought possible, by breaking norms and making life and business ESP—Enjoyable, Simple & Prosperous.
As a Web Developer with Gravitational Marketing you must:
- Have strong object-oriented design skills
- Be opinionated about coding best practices
- Have experience writing unit tests and integration tests
- Have MySQL Experience
- Have a good understanding of source control with Git
- Have Model View Controller (MVC) Experience
- Have experience with ORM libraries such as ActiveRecord, Propel, Doctrine
- Be able to produce very good documentation and appreciate its value
- Have strong collaboration and communication skills; verbal and written
- Have 2+ years related work experience
- Experience developing for Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with Symfony Framework
- Test-Driven Development is a plus
- Exposure with WordPress application development
Our Web Developers Enjoy:
- Competitive Market-Based Salary (determined by education, experience and related work history)
- Fun, casual work environment.
- A manageable work/life balance.
- 5 Weeks Vacation (seriously!).
- Automatic 3% employer 401K contribution (after 1 year of employment).
Additional benefits include:
- Skills Enhancement Paid Education Program – we invest in the people that drive our business.
- Kindle Book Club – we support those who take initiative to learn and become a better person.
- Onsite fitness center.
- Themed Office Activity Days – we LOVE to have FUN!
- Free Lunch & Learns – Hosted by Gravitational Marketing founders and catered from popular spots around Orlando.
- Unique health benefits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, upbeat and savvy communicator
- Confident, strong and engaging personality
- Ability to develop rapport rapidly
- Willingness to put in the extra effort as needed
- Boldness to proudly tout the results of your work
- A serious dedication to development as a career
- Have PHP skills locked in
- Highly organized
- Sensitive to deadlines
- Detail oriented
Bonus points for:
- WordPress experience
- SCRUM experience
This is not an easy job, but it is extremely rewarding. If you feel like you would be a good fit, and if you’re ready for a positive change in your life and career, please apply now.